The Office of Global Affairs is pleased to make available to you the SHU Study Abroad Course Equivalency Database.

This document will assist you in determining which programs will best meet your academic needs. It includes an extensive list of study abroad program courses that have been approved to transfer back to SHU, and which SHU course code it is equivalent to.

This slide show will give direction on how to search and filter the database. We look forwarding to working with you as you get ready to study abroad!

View Course Equivalency Database

Please note:

  • This is a living document, with ongoing modifications and additions
  • Listings in this document do not guarantee availability or equivalency
  • A course without a listed SHU equivalency does not necessarily mean it will not have a SHU equivalency. Contact the Office of Global Affairs to determine if an unassigned course has a SHU equivalency
  • Please visit the partner institution’s course schedule to determine course availability by term. You will find links available on the individual study abroad program brochures.


  1. Under the “Institution” category select the Program you are interested in from the drop-down menu.
  2. If you would like to see classes related to your major or college of study, instead of all courses previously offered by the institution:
    1. Under the “College of Major” category, select the college your major is in from the drop-down menu
    2. Under the “Department of Major” category select the department of the course you are looking for from the drop-down menu
  3. You may select whether or not to include major courses.
  4. The green table below the selection menu will display the courses previously offered at the selected institution.
  5. The institution will be listed, the the course name at the selected institution, the institution’s course code, and the SHU course code that is equivalent.
  6. If the ‘SHU course code’ listed says ‘NEEDS APPROVAL’ OR you do not see a listing for a course being offered abroad, then a Course Equivalency Request Form NEEDS TO BE FILLED OUT.
  7. The link to the Equivalency Request Form can be found here: Course Equivalency Request Form


Need Further Assistance?

Please contact your academic advisor or the Office of Global Affairs if you have further questions.