Thank you for your interest in Sacred Heart University’s (SHU) study abroad programs which aim to offer a variety of opportunities for students to integrate a global perspective into their academic experiences.
Our staff members in Fairfield and abroad look forward to assisting you as you embark on such an extraordinary journey, and working with you towards a successful experience abroad. Detailed program information, including applications, dates and deadlines can be found on the specific program pages of this website. Almost all of our programs are open to visiting students.
We have had many visiting students attend our SHU in Dingle and SHU in Luxembourg campuses abroad, including students from Beloit College, Bryn Mawr, Eckerd College, Iona College, Manhattanville College, Pace University, University of Scranton, University of Texas- Austin, and more!
- For more information on how to apply, please visit our ‘How to Apply’ page
- Once you are enrolled in the program, you will be registered and will receive a SHU ID number. Please use this number when contacting the Office of Student Accounts.
Before you go
- Meet with your home study abroad advisor before applying to a SHU program as your own school may have internal deadlines and paperwork you need to complete in order to participate.
- Meet with your academic advisor to review your degree and graduation requirements and to discuss your plans to study abroad. With careful planning, a period of study abroad should fit into your program and not delay progress towards your degree.
- Pay your SHU study abroad bill to the Office of Student Accounts.
After You Return
- Fill out our program evaluation and send us your comments and feedback!
- Request a copy of your SHU transcript through the Registrar’s website.
- “I thoroughly enjoyed my experience in Dingle. I was so nervous about meeting people especially since I do not attend SHU, however, the girls in my house were amazing and we have become very close after just two weeks of living with each other. I would attend this program again if I could, it was an incredible experience.” – Kimberly Alicea, Manhattanville student, SHU in Dingle participant
- “The experience was well worth it! I would not hesitate to participate again.” Avery Corondi, Delaware Valley College student, Dolphin Communication Project participant